Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 3 Training

Week 3

First thing I would like to say is sorry for the lack of posts throughout the week. I have been doing a lot of other work for some of my other classes and got a bit caught up. Also I was not able to write the first day of week 3’s training because of a big paper yesterday but it should not hinder anything. After those notes here’s training for week 3.

This week’s training will be the meat and overall toughest week because I will implement two workouts and only one day off this week. It is a bit difficult to create a training plan for a 5k in such a short amount of training time but don’t worry you’ll get your rest.

Tuesday: Today is going to be a workout because I could not get the schedule up yesterday. Today’s workout will start with the regular warm up plus some quick stretching. I decided to make this a bit of a track workout however; you can to this in terms of timed pushed as well. The workout will consist of a 2x1600 meter (or mile) run at 5k race pace. The rest will be an 800 meter jog/walk recovery. In order to do these just use your average goal pace for a 5k and do pushes for that amount of time. For recovery take anywhere from 3-4 minutes of job/walk recovery. Be sure to cool down and stretch afterwards.

Wednesday: Easy jog recovery day of 4-5 miles. Take today nice and slow to give your legs of recovery from yesterday’s workout. Don’t push or pound today because you’ll regret it.

Thursday: Today is our cross training day so I recommend getting 30-40 minutes on the elliptical, bike, or pool. Remember stay off the treadmill.

Friday: Final workout of the week today. This workout will be similar to the 5-4-3-2-1 workout but a little different. Get your typical warm-up in and for the workout do a 5-4-3 twice. The rest is the same as the timed push you previously ran.

Saturday
: OFF no running today.

Sunday
: Typical long run day for this Sunday afternoon. I recommend getting at least a 5 mile run in today maybe stretching it out to a 6 mile run. I am going to post a 6 mile run later this week called Mariner's that I recommend doing for this run.

This week is going to be tougher than the previous week's but stay confident and remember to go easy on those easy days. I'll post the Mariner's run later this week so stay toned.

No comments:

Post a Comment